We are requesting the Memphis City Council and Shelby County Commission:
- Maintain the current tax rate by recertifying the tax rate to the state-mandated level and adjusting it back to the current rate generating an estimated $40M in additional revenue for the City of Memphis and $100M in additional revenue for Shelby County.
- Use the revenue generated from the increased value and wealth in our community to make the investments for people and communities.
In The News
- New coalition calls for city, county budgets to support the most vulnerable | MLK50 | Read Article
- Group calls on Memphis, Shelby County to keep property tax rates, fund ‘moral budgets’ | Memphis Commercial Appeal | Read Article
- Clergy and community leaders want Memphis and Shelby County budgets to “battle for the people” | ABC24 | Read Article
- ‘Moral Budget’ plan would keep city and county property tax rates the same | Daily Memphian | Read Article
- Group demands ‘moral’ budgets from city, county leaders | WREG Memphis | Read Article
- Behind the Headlines: City of Memphis and Shelby County Budget Priorities | WKNO | Watch Interview
- Memphis-Shelby County FY2022 Moral Budget: American Rescue Plan Act, Proposal 2022 | Read Proposal